There are several ways to celebrate Children’s Book Week – May 13-18 2013.
1. Take the children to your local library for story hour. Check the library to see what special programs are available during this special week.
2. Visit a local independent bookstore and browse the racks for the latest children’s books. Call ahead to see if you can co-ordinate your visit with those of authors who might be signing books.
3. Read, read, read your favorite children’s stories as well as some new ones you’ve never read. There are so many wonderful authors and picture books. Looking for a place to start? Try the Newbery and Caldacott winners for the best in writing and illustrating for children.
4. Have a book trading party. Bring books you’ve had for awhile and trade with other parents or children for some new stories. It’s a great way to expand your child’s reading on a tight budget.
4. Dress up as your favorite character from a book and spend the day pretending to BE that character. What would he/she/it eat, play with, etc?
Happy Book Week!