Here is a quick, easy, and fun recipe for a Halloween party or after school treat.
CREEPY SPIDER TREATS
Ingredients: 2 C semi-sweet morsels, ½ C crisp-rice cereal, ¼ C shredded coconut, 1 ½ C chow mein noodles, sunflower seeds for eyes, waxed paper.
NOTE: This recipe should be done with adult supervision.
1. Melt 1 C morsels in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval until desired consistency. It should look and feel like spreadable frosting.
2. Mix in the cereal and shredded coconut.
3. Drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper for the spider bodies.
4. Melt the second cup of morsels. Gently stir in the noodles.
5. When cooled, pick noodles out one by one and stick them onto the spider bodies. You can use a toothpick to press them in.
7. Refrigerate until set.
For more ideas for fast and fun Halloween goodies visit Wicked Good Halloween Treats at: http://www.parents.com