Crescent Butter Cookies
2 sticks butter at room temperature, ¾ C sour cream or greek plain yogurt, yolk from one large egg, 2 ½ C all-purpose flour.
– Beat butter, sour cream, and egg yolk in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
– With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour until blended into a soft dough.
– Divide dough into fourths and wrap separately in waxed paper. Chill one hour or over night, until firm enough to roll.
Filling: ¾ C sugar, ¾ C finely chopped walnuts, 1 tsp. cinnamon.
– Heat oven to 375 degrees. Have ungreased cookie sheets ready.
Using a pizza wheel or small knife, cut circle into 16 wedges. (photo B)
Using a small metal spatula or knife, slide out one wedge and roll up from wide edge to point to form a crescent. Repeat with remaining wedges.
– Curve into crescent shapes on cookie sheet. (photo C)
Bake 25 minutes or until just golden. Cool and store in airtight container or tins for up to 2 weeks.