Here is a healthy and easy recipe for crepes that you can adapt and use with whatever fillings you like. The crepes can be made ahead and frozen until ready to use. If you decide to freeze them, place waxed paper between each on for easy thawing.
Mother’s Day Crepes
2/3 C buckwheat flour 1/3 C whole wheat pastry flour 2 eggs
1 ¼ C almond or soy milk 1 T honey or agave syrup ¼ t salt
1-2 T oil – as needed to cook crepes
1. Combine flours and eggs. Mix well
2. Stir in milk, honey, and salt. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
3. Drop less than ¼ C of batter at a time onto a hot, oiled skillet or crepe pan. Tilt and rotate to distribute batter evenly over the bottom, of the pan.
4. Cook until done on bottom (Lift edge, if it is lightly flecked with brown, it’s done)
5. Turn crepe over and cook several seconds on second side.
7. Stack crepes until ready to fill.
Filling: spread each crepe with Nutella and sprinkle with sliced strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries. Fold over and sprinkle with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.
Variations: Spread crepes with peanut or almond butter and sliced bananas. Or try tropical fruit such as mango, papaya and pineapple and sprinkle with coconut.
For other Mother’s Day Recipes, try visiting: http://www.familycircle.com/momsdayrecipes