I recently attended my niece Gabby’s 11th birthday party where one of the desserts were some gorgeous sugar cookies she made. Though dazzling to the eye, the recipe is simple to make and should be a definite crowd pleaser at your next picnic, barbeque or party.
GABBY’S RAINBOW SUGAR COOKIES:
The cookie’s are simple. Just use your favorite sugar cookie recipe – we even used a box mix. Then:
• Divide the dough into 4 even portions and place in four separate bowls.
• Choose 4 food coloring colors
• Dye the dough to your desired color by adding the food color a few drops at a time to each portion.
• Mix the food coloring into the dough (use a spoon to mix unless you wish for stained hands) and add more if you wish for a more vibrant color (remember you can always add more but you can’t take it away so be careful.)
• Then take teaspoon-sized portions of the colored dough from each of the four bowls.
•Set the four balls tightly next to each other in a 2X2 square configuration.
• Then, begin to roll the four balls together pulling gently outward to make a long hotdog shape.
• Coil the hot dog shaped dough around itself and bake as directed in the recipe.
• Enjoy your creation! It makes great ice cream sandwiches with a scoop of your favorite flavor ice cream sandwiched between two cookies.