Here’s a great way to spoil the dog in your life and reward him for his devotion and love. Make these HOMEMADE DOG BONES. It’s a simple recipe, made with all natural ingredients and so good, you can taste them too!
PEANUT BUTTER BONES
- Combine 2 C of white whole wheat flour, 1 C rolled oats, 1/2 C non fat milk powder, 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 1 C crunchy peanut butter, 2 lg eggs. Beat at low speed until combined.
- Gradually add 1/2 C water, beating until dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a second piece. Roll to 1/2 inch thick 10 x 13 inch rectangle. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut dough into 3 x 1 1/2 inch rectangles ( or use a dog bone shaped cookie cutter). Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.
This batch makes 20 3inch treats. You can store them in an airtight container. Your dog will love you even more than she already does when you give her this treat.