EARTH DAY is today. And Arbor Day is next Friday, April 29. You and your kids can show your appreciation for our beautiful planet in several ways.
- Join the movement to plant 7.8 BILLION trees by 2020 – one tree for every person on the planet. Go to http://www.earthday.org for complete details.
2. 50 MILLION trees have been planted by the Arbor Foundation in America’s 155 National Forests over the last 2 decades. You can plant a tree of your own or give a seedling to someone else. Or, donate $25.00 and Arbor Day Foundation will add 25 more trees to our landscape. Visit http://www.arborday.org
3. You can check out some fun ideas for celebrating Arbor Day or Earth Day at: http://tinyurl.com/j9fev58
4. Go to a local park or playground and pick up litter and items that can be recycled. Also, check out PREVIOUS POSTS on this blog for other earth-friendly ideas. Be kind to trees. They make life on planet Earth possible.
5. Read some fun books about the Earth and nature. One great title: MARTY MCGUIRE DIGS WORMS, by Kate Messner. Also, these two classics, THE LORAX by Dr. Seuss; and THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein.
For more “Green Books” titles visit: