I don’t know about you, but I enjoy leftover turkey even more than the day it’s served on Thanksgiving. Grilled turkey sandwiches with craisins and melted cheese, turkey pot pie, turkey soup. There are lots of ways to use the leftovers.
One of my favorite recipes is easy enough for you to try with the kids. Kids can dice the turkey and mushrooms and grate cheese with your supervision. They can stir and help measure ingredients.
Ingredients: 2 C cooked, diced turkey 2 C sliced mushrooms 1 C grated parmesan cheese 1 T butter + 1 T oil 3 T flour 1 C chicken broth 1 C milk 1/2 C cooked green peas 3 C COOKED spaghetti (I used Angel Hair pasta broken into 3 inch pieces) thyme and salt to taste.
- Saute mushrooms in the butter and oil until browned. While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare spaghetti and set aside.
2. Add the flour and whisk until the mushrooms are coated.
3. Add the milk and broth , stirring until thickened. You can also throw in the peas to cook here if you haven’t already cooked them. See below.
4. Add the parmesan cheese, thyme and salt if needed. Stir until until cheese is melted.
5. Add turkey and cooked spaghetti. Serve HOT with a side of salad.
What is YOUR favorite recipe for LEFTOVER TURKEY?