A Children’s Book Week Activity: #50PreciousWordsforKids
Celebrating Diversity in Imagination
A writing contest for kids from all over the world. Writing a story in 50 words or fewer. Contest runs from April 30 through May 6, 2018.
- Each child, grade K-6, writes a story of 50 words or less.
- Title not included in word count.
- Story must have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Happy or sad, silly or serious, true or make-believe.
- Teachers/students choose one story to submit per class.
- Homeschooling parents submit one story per child.
- Please email story to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7 at 11:59pm EST. This challenge is INTERNATIONAL.
- Stories post on my blog: viviankirkfield.com on May 11.
- Teacher receives a certificate to copy and present to each child who wrote a story
- Giveaway of seven mini-Skype author classroom visits.
Here’s the link from last year’s contest: https://viviankirkfield.com/2017/05/11/50preciouswordsforkids-international-writing-challenge-stories-are-here/
Questions? Contact Vivian Kirkfield at: Viviankirkfield@gmail.com