Even though summer is fading fast and kids are going back to school, there are still a lot of great evenings with pleasant weather for hosting an outdoor MOVIE NIGHT. And you don’t have to make yourself crazy organizing one. Here are a few simple ideas to keep in mind.
- Be sure to select a good movie that appeals to everyone and doesn’t have a lot of quiet dialogue or dark scenes. There are plenty of “family” films that appeal to kids of all ages as well as adults. You might want to buy a few glow necklaces for the little ones – to keep track of them in the dark.
- Have a test run of the equipment BEFORE the event to make sure it all runs smoothly. This goes for sound as well as video. Loud enough for guests to enjoy without disrupting the neighborhood.
- Secure and cover any cords so folks don’t trip over them in the dark.
- Have bug spray to ward off unwelcome guests.
- Set up a table of drinks and snacks with a light on it so everyone can help themselves to treats during the show.
- Have guests bring blankets. As fall approaches, evenings can get cool. So much fun to snuggle under a blanket while watching the movie.
How simple is that? Movie night doesn’t have to be complicated. And, as dusk arrives earlier in the fall, you can even enjoy a light supper of hotdogs or burgers while watching the latest blockbuster. Happy Movie Watching!