At the start of a new year, many of us make resolutions and try to make some changes in our lives. The idea of a fresh start is always an exciting one for me. It is an opportunity to begin with a clean slate and endless possibilities.
For 2017 I am offering you and your children a challenge.
– Learn something new together. Take dance classes, an on-line puppet tutorial, learn to yodel or juggle. Whatever takes your fancy. Every time you learn something new, you fire synapses in your brain and give it a boost.
– Try new foods. If you cook and prepare meals with your children, they will be more inclined to eat new foods.
– Learn a new skill. Sewing, knitting, woodworking, ceramics, gardening, knot tying, origami, basket weaving…there are so many wonderful ways to express creativity. Once you learn a skill, it will be with you forever and yours to pass on to others.
– Visit a place you’ve never been to before. Art museum, dinosaur dig site, beach, mountains, cave, National Park, anywhere near or far that you’ve wanted to visit and have yet to do so. You’ll be happy you did. It’s a great way to make memories.
– Help someone in need. Do at least one kind thing for someone else each week. Your good feelings will last long after the event.
– When you receive a kindness – be it a compliment, gift, gesture, or whatever – Pay It Forward.
A Happy, Peaceful and Productive 2017 to all!